Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Counseling & Support Groups

Other places to consider for support groups are religious communities, cultural groups, hospitals, etc. For more listings, call United Way 2-1-1 at 2-1-1 or (651) 291-0211 for cell phone users.

Alanon/Alateen - (651) 771-2208
Information about groups for persons that have a friend or relative with an alcohol dependency.

Alcohol-Drug Treatment Referral (24 hours) - 1-800-996-DRUG (3784)
AA information; meeting times and locations.

Alcoholics Anonymous - (651) 227-5502
21 and 28 day treatment program referral.

Chrysalis - (612) 871-0118
Support groups on issues affecting women.

Cocaine Anonymous/CocAnon - 1-800-925-6159
Support for persons addicted to cocaine or crack; also for friends and family of those with a drug problem.

Emotions Anonymous - (651) 647-9712
Support for persons with mental health concerns such as anxiety, depression, self-esteem, etc.

Minnesota Problem Gambling Helpline - (763) 427-5310
Information and referrals to problem/compulsive gamblers and other concerned individuals.

Narcotics Anonymous Helpline - (952) 939-3939
NA group meetings and locations.

Parents Without Partners - (952) 953-7100
Activities, events, and support for single parents and their families.

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Assoc - (651) 437-8709
Support, education, and information for families who have experienced the death of a child before or after birth.

Prevent Child Abuse MN - (651) 523-0099
A peer support group for parents who want to improve their relationships with their children.


African-American Family Services - (612) 871-7878
Assessment, counseling, and advocacy for African-Americans.

American Indian Family Center - (651) 793-3803
Short and long term counseling for youth and their families.

Asian Women United - (651) 646-2118
Provides advocacy for Asian victims of domestic violence. Advocates work in both criminal and family courts. Assist with housing, shelter placement, obtaining orders for protection.

Catholic Charities - (651) 215-2209
Counseling, support, and educational groups; family and individual therapy.

Center for Grief, Loss and Transition - (651) 641-0177
Counseling, educational groups, sliding fee.

Children’s Home Society and Family Services - (651) 222-0311
Marriage, family, and personal adjustment therapy for children, adolescents and adults; parenting programs; services for the gay/lesbian community.

Chrysalis - (612) 871-0118
Chemical dependency and mental health services for women.

CLUES (Comunidades Latinas Unidas En Servicio) - (651) 379-4200
Bilingual and bicultural services for Spanish-speaking people.

Face to Face Health and Counseling Service - (651) 772-5555
Individual, family and group counseling services for adolescent and young adults ages 11-23.

Head Start/Fraser Preschool Day Treatment - (651) 603-5823
Preschool day treatment services for severely emotionally disturbed children ages 3-5.

Jewish Family Service - (651) 698-0767
Individual and family counseling; family life education; special services for Russian-speaking people.

Keystone Community Services - (651) 645-0349
Case management, information and referral, emergency food shelves, and holiday assistance. Several locations.

Lao Family Community Center - (651) 221-0069
Counseling and social services for Hmong and Laotian families.

Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center - (651) 728-2000
Assessment, counseling, treatment and advocacy for Native American women and their children.

Mother’s First (Ramsey County) - (651) 266-7820
A program for mothers and pregnant women with drug or alcohol problems.

Northwest Youth and Family Services - (651) 486-3808
Counseling for families, youth and adults in Ramsey County.

Project ASSIST - (651) 266-4042
Screening, assessment and arrangement of ongoing services for children with mental health needs.

Ramsey County Teen Parent Program - (651) 765-7733
Public Health service including home visiting, health counseling, education, employment, and child care for pregnant and parenting adolescents.

Ramsey County Children and Family Services - (651) 266-4500
Services to children with severe emotional disturbances, developmental disabilities or who are abused or neglected.

Ramsey County Mental Health Center - (651) 266-7890
Outpatient mental health service for adults and children.

St. Paul Youth Services - (651) 771-1301
Diversion programs; mobile crisis program.

Seton Services Division - (651) 641-1180
Provides a variety of services to low income men, women and their families; homeless youth.

White Bear Lake Area Community Counseling Center - (651) 429-8544
Individual and family therapy. Parent education classes, family/community support services and support groups for parents in transitions.

Wilder Child Guidance Center - (651) 642-4001
Individual and family counseling for children with behavioral, emotional, or developmental concerns.

Wilder Programs for Southeast Asians - (651) 647-9676
Counseling and social services for Hmong, Vietnamese and Lao families. Parenting programs for Hmong and Cambodian families.

Online Bill Pay

Patient Testimonials

"The care provided by Parkway is exceptional. I know of no other clinic in the Twin Cities where the length of patient appointments is based on patient need, not on a prescribed, preset time slot.”